Thursday, June 2, 2011

HELLO, BLOGOSPHERE!

I've been playing with you for awhile now, but I've yet to actually make the PLUNGE. Sure, I have a LiveJournal, but that's more of a personal diary, not a true BLOG. I also micro-blog on Twitter, because hey, who doesn't? And I've been on Facebook so long, most people tell me my Social Network ID Number is too short to be valid.

But these are all "Blog Lite (TM)."

Why have I been waiting so long to start an ACTUAL blog?

Really, I don't know. Perhaps it's fear of failure. Lack of topic/inspiration, maybe? To be fair, I'm not sure I even have one now! But I know that I have opinions coming out of my ears, and I find lots of REALLY interesting stuff on the internet. While there are plenty of existing places I can use and link or photo dumps, as it is, the sort of commentary and viewership options they off don't fit exactly what I'm looking for.

  • I like to order samples and try out new things, evaluate their quality and effectiveness, and let people know about them.
  • I like to follow developing news stories, investigate the circumstances, and let people know about them.
  • I like to watch TV shows and movies, thoroughly analyze the plot, writing, characters and directing, and let people know about them.
  • I like to ponder imponderables, come up with complicated crack theories that I can TOTALLY back up, and let people know about them.
  • I like to do awesome, amazing, random things - the sort of things you do just so you can say you did them - and let people know about them.
  • I like to go on photo adventures, to take my camera, and document the world through it in various albums, and let people know about them.
  • I like to try new cooking and baking recipes and recollect it all down in words, disasters and all, and let people know about them.

So. From those conclusions, I've drawn my purpose - I like to live life, and I like to tell people about it. I love to write and use words to convey my experiences, but if I have no audience, I'm just a mad woman. (Which I am not explicitly denying and an inherent truth, to be clear.) But I'm a mad woman with no purpose.

I intend to make this blog my purpose.

No comments:

Post a Comment